Many find it challenging to come up with Islamic wedding wishes that are both polite and deeply meaningful for the newlyweds. To assist you, here are some examples of well-wishes suitable for siblings, friends, companions, and others.
Marriage: A Sunnah of the Prophet
Marriage is a joyous occasion for all, and it is a practice that is highly encouraged in Islam. This aligns with the saying of the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him:
“Marriage is my tradition. Those who do not follow my tradition are not of my followers.”
Furthermore, in another hadith, the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, stated:
“Whoever turns away from my tradition is not from me.”
Marriage is a moment of happiness and significance. It is, therefore, obligatory for us as Muslims to offer Islamic wedding wishes to our relatives, friends, and others as they embark on this journey.
Sunnah Prayer for Newlyweds
بَارَكَ اللهُ لَكَ وَبَارَكَ عَلَيْكَ وَجَمَعَ بَيْنَكُمَا فِى خَيْرٍ
“Baarakallahu laka wa baarakaa alaika wa jamaa bainakumaa fii khoir.” (May Allah bless you both and unite you in goodness.)
This supplication is commonly referred to as the Islamic wedding prayer and is directly taught by the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, in his hadith.
Congratulations for a Family Member
Many might feel uncertain about how to express their good wishes to a sibling or another family member on their special day. Below are some examples you can choose from:
- “Congratulations on embarking on this new journey, my dear sibling. You now have the important role of a husband, a responsibility that carries great trust and duty to make your wife and future children happy. May Allah always watch over you and bless your marriage.”
- “May joy be your companion, dear sibling. May your marital life be filled with blessings and may you soon be graced with the laughter of children to brighten your home. Ameen.”
- “Baarakallahu laka, congratulations on your new life, dear brother. May Allah always guide you and your wife, and may your future children bring immense joy to your lives. May your love be a shield against life’s challenges.”
- “Baarakallahu laka, best wishes for your new journey, dear sister. Be a righteous wife, and an excellent guide and teacher to your future children. The challenges and rewards of married life will be unlike anything you’ve experienced, and I pray your love will be your fortress.”
These are some examples you can choose for a family member embarking on this new chapter in life. You may also include personal prayers for their happiness, prosperity, and piety in their marital life.
Islamic Wedding Wishes for a Friend
For friends experiencing this momentous occasion in their lives, it’s important to convey your good wishes. Here are some examples:
- “May Allah bless your marriage and fill your home with love, laughter, and harmony. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness and prosperity. Congratulations!”
- “My dear friend, congratulations on finding your life partner. May your journey together be filled with joy, love, and endless blessings. May your home be a source of tranquility and love. Ameen.”
- “Congratulations on your new beginning, dear friend. May your marriage be filled with understanding, compromise, and unwavering love. May it be a path to draw you both closer to Allah.”
- “As you embrace this new chapter in your life, may Allah bless your union with love, respect, and patience. May your home be a sanctuary of peace. Congratulations and best wishes!”
These Islamic wedding wishes are suitable for friends and can be complemented with your personal sentiments and prayers for their happiness and success in their marital journey.
Islamic Wedding Wishes for an Ex
It’s not unusual to offer well-wishes to an ex who has embarked on a new chapter of their life. Here are some examples:
- “My heart rejoices in your happiness as you begin this new chapter. May your marriage be blessed with love and understanding, and may you find endless joy in each other’s company. Congratulations!”
- “Seeing you start a new life journey fills me with happiness. May your marriage bring you all the joy and fulfillment you deserve. Wishing you a lifetime of love and blessings.”
- “After all these years, it’s wonderful to witness your happiness on your special day. May your marriage be a source of joy, contentment, and unwavering love. Congratulations and best wishes!”
- “Though our paths have diverged, I’m genuinely thrilled to see you so happy on your wedding day. May your marriage be filled with love and may you cherish every moment together. Wishing you endless happiness.”
Remember, these wishes for an ex should be genuine and heartfelt. They should convey your best intentions for their future happiness.
Offering well-wishes on the occasion of a wedding is a cherished tradition. It’s an opportunity to celebrate the love and commitment of the newlyweds.
When extending Islamic wedding wishes to siblings, friends, companions, or even exes, remember to do so with sincerity, prayers for their happiness, and a heartfelt smile, if in person.
These wishes and prayers carry the power to instill joy and blessings in the hearts of the married couple.